If you need a major adaptation, like a level access shower or a stair lift, then we will work with an occupational therapist to get the best solution. However, you will need to talk to your local authority first. Phone Hertfordshire County Council on 01438 737 400.

We think people should be able to live in their own home as independently as possible for as long as they want.

It is the duty of the local authority to assist disabled residents with adaptations (and not housing associations).

We may be able to provide a range of minor adaptations to help residents improve their quality of life, such as:  

  • handrails;
  • lever taps to wash basins, sinks and baths; 
  • grab rails; and 
  • additional rails to stairs.

Alarm system

If you’re worried about falling over or about getting sick, you may get peace of mind from being connected to our alarm system. For a small amount each week, you can have a push-button pendant and alarm which links to a dedicated control centre. Phone us on 01992 453 700.

Floating support

We offer support services for older and more vulnerable people who live in our general properties.